September 11, 2010

9 Years Ago - I Still Remember

Today is the ninth anniversary of 9/11. The horrific events that occurred that day changed my life forever. My friends and coworkers were among those who died that clear September morning. I remember that day. And the week, month, and year that followed it. Those times – all of them – changed my life and changed me.

But, that is not why I am writing today.

This year I am sad to see this day surrounded by tension resulting from religious and political divisions. Hate and anger. Frustration. These are not the feelings that we should have as we remember those that died. I wish if there was one thing that we learned from 9/11 it would have been acceptance. And I hope to someday – in the not too distant future – live in a world with great tolerance and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment