February 26, 2010

Women MBAs Lag According to Catalyst

Last week I read an article online by Diana Middleton of the Wall Street Journal about a study of the difference in pay received by male and female MBAs. The study was conducted by Catalyst, a non-profit organization that works to create more opportunities for women in the workplace.

I found this article disheartening. However, I also felt it was important to share. While I wish this was a perfect world, it is not. Inequalities and discrimination still exist in the work place – at all levels – for women and people of color.

The first step to overcoming discrimination and inequality is awareness. I hope to see the day when these injustices are only a part of history.

Here is a link to the WSJ article: Women M.B.A.s Continue to Lag in Pay, Promotions

No comments:

Post a Comment